Best Backend Languages For Mobile Apps
Posted on 12-07-2021
Posted by devmin
Back-end development involves developing the site from the server-side, where you are primarily concerned with the site functionality. It focuses on making updates and changes in addition to monitoring the functionality of the site.
Let’s dig deeper and learn about the best programming languages for Mobile app development.
One of the most popular, powerful, and effective backend languages with a high job and career growth potential is Java. Java is mostly a server-side programming language used for building robust backend servers, but you can use Java for Android mobile applications as well.
Learning Java has a lot of benefits for beginners who want to become app developers. Besides developing Android apps, you can also build a Java backend to become a full-stack developer.
For iOS development and building apps for iPhone and iPad, Swift is a great backend language.
For the development of iOS apps, Objective C is being replaced by Swift. It is enough to learn Swift since Swift is the official programming language of iOS.
Here are some primary features of the swift programming language.
- With Swift’s great IDE Xcode, you can easily include libraries using workspaces. It is self-contained and designed to make coding swift and easy.
- Swift is a type-safe language, so it’s simple to learn, read, and understand. Most beginner errors are caught in the compilation phase.
- Swift can be applied to Server work. The concept is still a new one. It will vary on their framework, or they are using one of the big players.
To become an Android app developer in 2021, you should learn Kotlin. The Android world is probably going to see a lot more of Kotlin in the upcoming years.
Kotlin has got native support for Android development. Moreover, Kotile is supported by popular IDEs like IntelliJ IDEA and Android Studio.
Here are some pros of learning Kotlin for app development:
- Kotlin is an easy-to-understand language with modern features
- Allows you to do functional programming with lambdas
- Is Typesafe, and errors can be checked
- Offers good community support and useful tools
Kotlin is often referred to as next-generation Java. This is because of many good reasons. One of the biggest advantages of using Kotlin is that it’s the official language for Android application development, and Google will continue to promote it.
Flutter is a popular app development framework built using Dart. Learning and using Dart can help developers better understand Flutter, allowing them to develop cross-platform applications.
These are some key features of the Dart programming language:
- Dart is easy to learn when used to C-style syntax. Developers can share code across web and mobile apps. Moreover, you can find a super helpful community of world-class developers.
- Alternatively, with Dart, it may be necessary to write several domain packages and sub-packages to support the core domain Backend (API/Server).
The Bottom Line
These are the five most beneficial backend languages for developing apps in 2021. All of these languages have significant scope in mobile application development. Each of these languages can work best for specific criteria depending on the client’s needs and project requirements.